About The Project
Words cannot describe our excitement, pride and anticipation! This new home represents an unprecedented leap forward for Jewish education in Toronto and North America. Rivaling even the most modern and sophisticated public and private schools in Toronto, our New South Campus is nothing short of spectacular. Our entire community will take pride in knowing our children’s needs, - Jewish and General - are being met, and exceeded, in this extraordinary facility. - Eric Petersiel, RJE, Head of School
Nearly four times the size of our existing South Campus, The NewLeo Baeck South Campus offers:
- Spectacular classrooms to meet the needs of our growing community.
- A beautiful worship space to inspire students, families and the community-at-large.
- A state of the art science lab to support our progressive science program.
- A modern resource centre with an adjacent high-tech computer lab.
- Separate art, music, drama and recording studios to encourage arts involvement and nurture a sense of creativity in our students.
- A brand new pre-school to instil an appreciation for Jewish life from the very start.
- A large auditorium with a stage, professional lighting and sound system for stellar productions.
- A large, modern gymnasium to immeasurably enhance students’ physical educational activities, extra curricular programs and social events.
- Close proximity to the magnificent Cedarvale Park which boasts four new tennis courts, a soccer field, a community garden and an indoor skating rink.
- Room to grow.
- So much more…
Interview With Gene Teeger, Design Committee
Interview With Paul Cravit, President of CS&P Architects